Looking for one of the best aluminum rivets on the market for your project, here it is. These variable grip rivets first flatten out on the back side creating their own washer. Once the washer is created the rivet clamps the two pieces together. The benefits of these style variable grip rivet over conventional include:
- Multi-grip capability accommodates a wide variety in metal thickness
- Great hole fill that provides a strong, vibration resistant joint
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted or misaligned holes
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp load on the rear sheet making it ideal for use on thin sheet material
- Work in standard riveting tools
- Aluminum body, steel stem
The Technical stuff:
- Diameter - 3/16"
- Grip range - .500" - .781"
- Dome head - .635"
- Shear strength - 320 lbf
- Tensile strength - 472 lbf