Looking for the best stainless steel rivet on the market for your project, here it is. These variable grip rivets first flatten out on the back side creating their own washer. Once the washer is created the rivet clamps the two pieces together. The benefits of these style variable grip rivet over conventional include:
- Are vibration free
- Have 76% more shear strength than standard aluminum rivets
- Have up to 58% more tensile strength than standard aluminum rivets
- These rivets swell to fill oversized or irregular holes
- Are water tight
- Work in standard riveting tools
- Stainless steel body, stainless steel stem
The Technical stuff:
- Diameter - 3/16"
- Grip range - .236" - .335"
- Dome head - .378"
- Shear strength - 877 lbf
- Tensile strength - 1124 lbf